Sunday, July 1, 2012

June 27

Hellooo!!!!! Well this week (today) is moves and we are NOT MOVING! :) So Sister Paulsen and I are here to stay in our sweet little Wandsworth for Wimbledon and for the Olympics. Wimbledon started Monday and goes for 2 weeks and let me tell you what it is a real pain. ha ha it takes us forever to just get out of Wimbledon now! We are going to go to Wimbledon today or Monday- if we go in the afternoon we can get tickets for 5 pounds! That will be fun. And then the olympic torch comes through Wandsworth- right down our road on July 23rd. Fun fun times are coming. This last week has been CRAZY busy. That's just how it works here in London. But I especially wanted to tell you about Saturday. We taught a Jew about The Book of Mormon, a catholic about the plan of salvation, and a Muslim about the divinity of Jesus Christ being the son of God. And all of them were AMAZING. So we were at the chapel opening the family history centre for a lady in the ward and waiting for Aaron our ward mission leader to pick up our investigators and bring them to the chapel for a teach. Well Aaron called us and told us Ade and Dickson said they couldn't meet. So we were about to leave the chapel and we get a call from Aaron "Sisters, can you come open the gate for me- I have a friend that wants a copy of The Book of Mormon." :D of course we can! So as Aaron was waiting for our investigators he met a man called Marcelle that just got to London from Paris and they started talking and Aaron told him about our church and The Book of Mormon and Marcelle wanted to know more. We went into the chapel and taught him and it was just beautiful. :) Sometimes OUR plans don't go through so that God's plans can. Then we were meeting there with a guy called Braulio from Angola. He is catholic- very catholic but is so open and so so sweet. So we taught him about the plan of salvation and my goodness the spirit was SO strong it was incredible. HE brings the spirit as well- he just waits for us to get to his level before we can start teaching! :) So we taught him the plan of salvation and invited him to be baptised and he just said you know when I got baptised I thought it was with the right authority and correctly but now... I know I have a lot to pray and think about because this feels like truth. This feels like something God wants me to know. :) Braulio. He will be a kingdom builder that is for sure. THEN we met with 2 men called Ahmed and Adel. Sister Barker and I met Ahmed on the street a few weeks ago and he was interested in learning more. He was busy with work but we kept running into him and then when Sister Paulsen got here we ran into him again and he said ok ok I'll make time to meet with you- I can take a hint! :) And then he asked if he could bring a friend! They are both from Egypt and they both work at the BBC. Intelligent intelligent men. We met with them and told them a little bit about the church and Adel said "I have met MANY different churches in my life and they all say the same thing- they all claim to be the one true church and to have authority but I have never seen anyone as peaceful and confident as you 2 are and I want that." :) I love being a missionary. I love being able to tell people that they CAN have that! All we have to do is keep the commandments and we will have never ending happiness. That sounds nice. Mosiah 2:41 It really truly is that easy. Just do it. Ok? I love you all! 

No comments: