Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Airport

While Janna is on her mission I, Shannon, will be updating her blog with how she is doing. In a couple of days I will put up her address and information on how you can send letters to her.

Her flight left salt lake city to Chicago at 10:45am this morning (although when our plane took off hers was still at their gate, then again we left a little early). Evie and I were lucky enough to get to go to Utah for janna's farewell and then book our returning flight for about the same time as Janna's so we were able to check in, go through security and walk each other to our respective terminals. (Evie and I walked Janna to her gate, took this picture




, then she walked us to our terminal). I had to use the ladies room after Janna had gone back to her gate and change the babes diaper. As I was reaching for her desitin I noticed the packs of gum I bought Janna at the gas station on our way up to the airport. I checked the time, 9:45, I still had plenty of time to take the gum to her. We hurried over to her gate, she was sitting there talking with the large group of missionaries that had accumulated since I had been there last. She seemed excited to see me again! And when I showed her the gum that I had for her she seemed a bit more excited. I had to change Evie again, so we walked to the bathroom and around her terminal for a couple of minutes having our last little chat.
As Evie and I were about to head over to our terminal the group of missionaries were about to take their first official group picture! There was a kind woman who was taking it for them, then I whipped out my camera and took one with it.




The rest of the missionaries followed suit, they piled their cameras on the seat next to us and the woman would take a picture, then I would and we would grab the next camera and take turns taking the pictures with each camera. It was very neat and we got those pictures done in record time! By the time we were finished Evie and I said goodbye to Janna one last time and hurried of to our gate. We made it just in time for boarding. We are now sitting on the plane at 11:16 am. I am drinking cranapple juice and eating delicious peanuts while Evie is in her carseat next to me.

So that's it for now, I'll keep you updated!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


1 comment:

B&C said...

SHann this just made me so happy! THank you for keeping her blog up to date! I miss you and Evie!!