Thursday, September 1, 2011

Week 19


Oh man. Can I just tell you that I love England. Do you want to know why? I'll give you just one little reason. Today as we were walking to the chapel we saw a man pushing a shopping cart down the middle of the street... with a ski-do on top of it. ha ha ha ha ha oh I wish we would have taken a picture of it. A post carrier walked past us right after we saw him and she was like what in the world was he pushing?! ha ha ha
 
Anywho I have the best news EVER for you all! First can I just say I am so happy. I love being a missionary. :) Secondly- GUESS WHAT?!
 
Item of business number 1: We did an exhange this week with the sisters in Weston-super-Mare and I got to go to Weston to serve on Wednesday and Thursday- it was so cool!! Oh my goodness  miracles happen on exchanges! Sister Barton came here to Exeter with Sister Fekete and I went to Weston with Sister Sebald, my MTC companion! So it was so fun to serve with her again! While I was there we went and taught this guy called Darren they are teaching and I guess he had just had a problem with the fact that this is the one true church- so he voiced that concern with us at the beginning of the teach and we were able to read some scriptures but more than anything we were just able to bare our testimonies of the truthfulness of this gospel and it was amazing to see his face- his whole countenance changed from the beginning of the teach to the end. By the end he just smiled and he was like "I know it. I know this is the one true church. We need to say a prayer, I need to thank Heavenly Father for helping me realize this!!" ha ha it was so cool. I know without a doubt this is the one true church on the earth because it is Jesus Christ's church. What an amazing thing to know and what an amazing thing for Darren to realize! I feel so blessed that I was able to be there with him when he came to that realization. When we left Sister Sebald was just like THAT was the miracle of the exhange for us, we have been teaching him for 1 1/2 months and that has always been his concern and now he knows!! Well that night as we were calling Exeter they had some miracles as well! There is an investigator that we have been teaching and she would not pray in front of us at all but the sisters went and taught her and they asked her to pray and she hesitated but in the end she said the prayer out loud! Hallelujah!! AND they went and saw a family that is less active that we have been going to see that just did not want to come to church and they went and taught them and had an amazing experience with them and they were all like we want to come to church- we will be there! :) So cool!
 
Well a little bit about Weston-super-Mare, it's a beach resort type city and it was absolutely beautiful!! The flat is right by the sea and it was so weird because we just walked everywhere- in Exeter we have to take the bus 20 minutes to get anywhere, it was so different to just be able to walk to the chapel for a teach in 3 minutes! Oh man it was so pretty.
 
Ok Item of business number 2: are you ready for this one? So on Saturday we are going up to Reading for a mission conference and guess who is speaking at our mission conference? .....Elder Bednar!! He is going to speak to us and then he is going to have a question and answer session with all of us and he said he only wants doctrinal questions.. OHHHHHHHHH! Oh my gosh we are so excited. We will have to get up well early though because we have to be there for 9, at 9:30 church security is going to lock all the doors so if you aren't there in your seat by then too bad so sad (seriously that would be SOO sad) so then we will be in there with him from 9:30 until 1. :O and THENNNNNNN we have to leave right after because we have to get home because Damian is getting baptised on Saturday night! YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a family come closer to Christ. :) (Damian is Andrew's dad, the boy who got baptised a few months ago. The one that talks to Tanner on facebook! ha ha)
 
Oh man.... can you tell I'm excited? ha ha oh it's going to be so cool.
 
Ok wait so Emily said Bryson is going to Long Beach California Spanish speaking?! Is that correct? .. or is that where MIchael Bell is going?! Either way- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Oh that is so exciting!
 
Well.... these are a few of my favorite things:
*Teaching Jehovah's Witnesses that don't want to bible bash with you. What?! I know we were surprised too. We went there expecting to be yelled at and everything but they ended up being lovely! They just honestly want to learn more about our church. So cool.
*Dartmoor! We went for pday yesterday with the Blackhams and the Newton Abbot elders and it is absolutely gorgeous. We went and saw these huge rocks that someone carved the 10 commandments into- so cool
*Being called mum by random little children. That's right it happened to me twice this week. ha ha ha one little girl I said hello to that was sitting behind us on the train on our way to Exmouth and when we got off the train she took my hand and started walking with us ha ha but because of these little kids their dads started laughing and talking to us and we are going back to teach one of them this week!
*Midnight snacks (... ok 10 pm snacks mainly nutella toast with bananas on top mmmm)
*Teaching out in the garden in the POURING rain (that happened in weston-super-mare and we were completely soaked afterwards even though we had all of our rain gear on ha ha
*2 minute powernaps on the train- train rides are so relaxing, it's like a lullaby!
*Finlay Poulter (4 year old boy) asking Sister Fekete why she is wearing a wig. ha ha ha
 
Ok well I feel like this is a little bit random today, I guess I just have so much on my mind that I want to share! I'm going to send a few pictures right now as well but don't you dare forget- I love you all! And I love this gospel and I love being a missionary! :)
 
XxOooXxoO (Nacho Libre style ;)) Love, Sister Mills!


No comments: