Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 18


I updated the blog with the rest of Janna's emails. Scroll down to get caught up!

KATE IS IN COLLEGE?! WHAT?! .... oh my gosh i can't even believe that... tell kate she better email me next week so i have her email and to email me her mailing address there at school as well. I'm SOOO excited for you Kate! I have heard so many wonderful good things about Utah state and I know you, you would tear it up no matter where you are but you are going to make that school and make your time there the best ever... I just know it. :) just keep remembering how much we all LOOVEEEE you! and don't be TOOO focused on school. :) ha ha i mean be smart, put the time in to study that you need to but don't you dare forget to have fun! and do crazy adventurous things those make for the best stories.
 
Speaking of! This is a shout out for all you Rexburgians- I hope you are all going to continue the first weekend of school bridge jumping trip to monkey rock- Flo I'm talking to you :) ha ha and send me loads and loads of pictures of it ok? What day does school start by the way?
 
Oh! Where is Michael Bell going on his mission? Does Bryson know yet either?
 
Well ok wow wow wowie this week was....  Well let's just say there were lots of ups and downs. But with a hard week just means that I learned A LOT and because it was a hard week I was able to see so many wonderful little miracles as well. Thank goodness for them too because those are the things that got us through those hard moments. Some of the things I learned this week is that trusting in the Lord is a lot easier said than done. It is something we need to DO. Trust in the Lord. He knows what is best for you. Always. I know that, and sometimes it is hard to believe that but that's the only way we can make it through this life. Know that the Lord does know what is best for you and the Lord knows you personally. He knows exactly how you are feeling and He wants you to feel joy but sometimes it's getting to that joy that is hard but it is worth it. I promise! We are preparing Damian, Martyn, Phil and Tezza for baptism but because baptism is such a joyous thing and satan knows that... he is going to put obstacles in the way to try to prevent them from reaching that goal. We are fighting like CRAZY against him. There is a line in our mission song that says "I will not cease from mental fight nor shall my sword sleep in my hand till we have built Jerusalem on England's green and pleasant land" .... true story brov. ha ha And I'll tell you what- one of satans trickiest tools is stinkin tea, coffee, ciggarettes, and alcohol. Ugh. ha ha but what is stronger than the addictions of those stupid substances? ... God is. It's true! ha ha but keep praying for them. They are stronger than they know.
 
*ha ha ha ha sidenote Sister Fekete just leaned over and asked me how to spell pee. ha ha she is probably writing her family about yesterday- we went and taught a lady that lives in this home with a bunch of other people and sis. F sat down on this chair and it was wet... she sat right in pee!! ha ha ha
 
So anyways there is a phrase here in England that is really really popular and I hate it. It is "can't be bothered" that is the attitude of a lot of the people here.
 
"Why didn't you come to church today?"
"... can't be bothered"
 
It. Is. So. Frustrating. ha ha and it makes it impossible to teach some people because we teach them and yes they love hearing about it, they love talking about Jesus Christ but then we ask them to do something and it's "can't be bothered." Jesus Christ's church is a "go and do" church. I'm sorry but you can't be lazy here on earth. We have to work and we have to learn and we have to help and share and be missionaries no matter what we are doing in our lives. That's just the way it is! I'm pretty sure I have said it before and I'll say it again- don't let laziness keep you from your testimony! The thing we are trying to figure out as missionaries is how to help other people do that as well.... well good thing I have some time left to figure it out. :)
 
Speaking of- we celebrated Sister Fekete's year mark on Saturday! :O it was fun we had a mini party because it was one of our recent converts birthdays as well. Ok Sister Fekete is so funny, I was singing the Utah state song the other day- don't ask me why- ha ha and for the last few days I have caught her singing it! and she doesn't really know the words so she just kind of makes it up sometimes oh it is so funny. Guess what?! We were in Exmouth the other day teaching Robin and we started talking to this lady and she said she doesn't speak English and I guess Sister Fekete recognized the accent and started speaking Hungarian to her and sure enough the lady is Hungarian!! She has lots of family that lives in Exmouth as well so she took us to meet her daughter and we are going back this week to teach her- so cool! Sister Fekete was SOOOOOO excited. Gift of tongues here I come :) ha ha ha
 
oh mom before I forget, we won't be emailing next Monday because it's bank holiday- boo!
 
Oh this last weekend we went and helped with a wedding, bishop teaches kung fu and the parents of some of the kids he teaches asked him to marry them so he asked us to come and help out and so we did and we were able to talk to so many cool families and one of them is moving so they said we could come this week and help them move and another family asked us if we wanted to come for tea this week- sweet! It was so so cool. But can I just say.. after seeing Brittany and Grayson sealed in the temple and then seeing a wedding done at the church... oh my goodness it just did not even compare. The wedding there at the church was really beautiful and really sweet but it's that one line "till death do you part." That line doesn't exist in a temple sealing because it's not until death do us part, it is forever! The temple is just... absolutely magnificent.
 
Well let's see I'm trying to think of what else happened this week:
 
*we taught a lady that believes she has demons living in her home. We have taught her before and asked if she wanted us to come teach her in her home and she responded "oh no no no i don't want to upset the demons there i'm just afraid to pray or anything there" she wouldn't take a Book of Mormon for the same reason as well- she didn't want to stir up the demons in anger. Yikes.
*Oh my gosh. Ok so we were teaching Damian the other day at his house and we heard a knock at the door so Tammy looked outside and she was like it's 2 people it looks like missionaries so I looked over and sure enough it was the Jehovah's witnesses. We have run into them before- one time we were knocking and we walked down the street and there was a Jehovah's witness starting to knock the same street... ha ha anywho so Damian and Tammy made US go answer the door and we did and they smiled about to start talking and then saw our name tags and they were like "oh are you just going out? two going out and two coming in?" and we were just like nope actually we're just visiting some members of our church here ha ha ha and after we went in and Andrew (the 9 year old boy that was baptised a few months ago) was just like "i'm glad we're members of the TRUE church, dad you are about to be baptised into the true church, don't worry" Dang straight Andrew!
*ok ha ha ha ok i am laughing out loud in the library just thinking about this- we went to teach this couple this week named barbara and ray and they are an older couple. Do they wear dentures? Of course they do. Do their dentures fall out sometimes while they are talking? As a matter of fact they do. ha ha ha their dentures kept falling out and they kept playing with them the whole time we were teaching them sister fekete and i the whole time were trying so hard not to laugh oh my gosh as soon as we left theirs and turned the corner we were exploding with laughter ha ha seriously isn't there a special glue to keep those suckers in there? man that can't be easy to eat like that... ha ha oh my goodness it was so funny.
 
well folks i think that's about it for the day. we are going to meet the other missionaries in our district in Torquay... aka we are going to the beach today :D we will probably just play football on the beach- we always play football man last week we played and i got a HUGE bruise on my shin, one of the elders kicked me so hard ha ha and another elder was running for the ball and another elder hit him and he flew into the stairs (going up to the stage like at our stake center) and i mean FLEW his body like curled into the stairs and then he landed on the ground and it seriously made a splat! sound like in the movies or something ha ha and we all just gasped and i was like... welp he's dead. ha ha we were pretty sure he broke his arm. but it was epic. anyways ha ha it's cloudy here but hopefully it will be good weather there at the beach! thank you for EVERYTHING!!!!! I love you guys so much. I was just thinking around this time last year or maybe a little earlier we were in Europe playing! My favorite moment was probably in Italy- we were in Florence I think and I came out of the shower and I remember thinking oh my gosh i am so tired i am going to go lay down and fall asleep in like 2 seconds and i came out of the bathroom and there was kate and tanner just reading their scriptures- it was such a sweet moment for me. So of course I followed suite and did the same and I am so grateful for that example to me. Keep reading those scriptures you guys no matter how tired you are :) Love your guts!



No comments: