Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 15


Again, sorry it took so long to post these!



Hello August- it's good to see you. :)
 
Well... Sister Christensen broke up with me. Ha ha but it's ok because she went to JERSEY in the channel islands!! So so cool. And my new companion just switched her places! My new companion is Sister Fekete (fehkuhtuh) she is from Hungary and she is adorable. I'm so excited to be working with her. AND she has been on Jersey for 9 months so she is loving it here so far! Of course she has only been here a few hours... ha ha speaking of oh my goodness today has already been the longest day ha ha we didn't go to bed until late because Sister Christensen had to pack up everything but she had to choose what she wanted to take because she could only take 20 kilos (44 lbs) with her to Jersey, everything else has to be sent up to the office!!! Yikesabee. Then we had to leave the flat a little before 5 this morning to get her to the Exeter airport for her 7 am flight and then we had to wait there for Sister Fekete until a little after 10 this morning. Jo, Tracey, and Aisling drove us to the airport so they were my companions for a few hours :) ha ha it was good.
 
Well I told Tanner he should read the talk from last conference by Elder Kent F. Richards "The Atonement Covers All Pain." It's brilliant. We have used it a lot in our teaching because it is so applicable to so many people. The atonement truly is appicable to us everyday and NEEDS to be appicable to us everyday. It is there for us, it is the most beautiful gift we have been given so use it! Just remember there's no earthly sorrow that heaven cannot cure. That's true, and I love it.
 
I'm excited to serve with Sister Fekete. I'm excited for a new adventure. But I LOVED serving with Sister Christensen. Our companionship was simply explained in a thought we shared often from 2 Nephi "and they lived after the manner of happiness" :) When you are building the kingdom of God, you will live in the manner of happiness, it's as simple as that. Sister Christensen and I saw amazing amazing miracles together and I learned A LOT. I'm so grateful for her knowledge and her love of the Book of Mormon. She truly found joy in the journey and I'm so glad she taught me how to do that as well. I love missionary work. I love being a missionary!! It was so sad yesterday when we went to teach our last people together, they were all families that we love so much and have gotten so close to and it was amazing to realize how quickly we have all become lifelong friends. The reason we love them so much is because we were able to serve them! Man.. the work is great. :) I love you all! 

*Fernando the bus driver. Yup some of our best friends here are the bus drivers. :) 
 *The Poulter family :) Rachael, Dean, Fin, Abi, Chris, Albert, and Veronica. Chris' grandad (Albert) baptised him and it was glorious!
 *Us with Chris making goofy faces- naturally
 *Our Johnny LIngo tropical night! Ok if you haven't seen the newer full length feature film Johnny Lingo for the love PLEASE go watch it- it is so good! Are Sister Christensen and I a little obsessed? Definitely. We even named our huge pet wasp that lived in our closet room for days Mahanna :)  Alex, Me, Miley, Jo, Sue, Chris, Tracey, Christensen

*Sometimes we wear sunglasses in our flat and put grapes in our mouth when we are on the phone with the other missionaries in the district... :)


 *Our comp item- matching owl necklaces because of Robin. I'll send you the wise old owl poem he always tells us
*Us with Abdulmonien. We call him Abdul. He is SO cool. Unfortunately he is Muslim and is going back to Qatar to teach soon so we can't teach him anymore :(

No comments: