Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 4

Hooray for missionary work! It has been NONSTOP since I got here and I love it so much. You know how I'm a busy bee, I wouldn't have it any other way! I love this work so much. I have met so many people already that I just love. The ward is fantastic! They had me get up in church yesterday and bare my testimony and tell a little bit about myself and of course I had to adjust the microphone when I got up there and it was just funny and so anyways after Brother Lewis who was conducting was like she may be small but boy is she a dynamite! or something like that ha ha so everyone kept calling me the small sister :) Did I tell you Sister Christiansen is a foot taller than me? It's perfect- it makes me feel like I'm walking around with Nat! :)
We have been doing so many different things- it has been great. We have taught lots of less actives, lots of cute old ladies, we have done lots of finding, lots of teaching to people that Sister Christiansen and Housley found on the streets.... it's been so neat to see how much the gospel blesses everyone's lives no matter what is going on in their life!!
So the baptism yesterday was fantastic. But it was a baptism, things are always going to go wrong because that silly satan doesn't want people to be baptised! But thank goodness for the sweet Blackhams (elder and sister from SLC) they had some white trousers in Jason's size in Newton Abbot and so an hour before church they drove them up 40 miles to us so that Jason had trousers to wear! Jason loved it, and you could feel his happiness! I asked him on Friday when we were teaching him what he loves about our church and he said he loves the principles of our church. I do too! It's so amazing the things we are able to do and the commandments we are able to keep through the help of our Savior Jesus Christ.






No comments: