Friday, April 20, 2012

February 26

YAYYYYY for BYU!!!!! Congratulations Kate! So I haven't gotten your Valentine package yet, but probably someone will be moving from our zone and hopefully will pick it up from the office. Pendragon I loved the British accent in your letter by the way. ;) ha ha ok Mum, I LOVE the young womans camp theme. Did I get a little teary eyed when I read it? YES. I'm a baby alright? Oh I love the idea of the girls writing their testimonies in copies of the Book of Mormon, I think that is fantastic. If you want you can just have them write on pieces of paper and then I can glue them into copies here so you don't have to pay for shipping a bunch of books! 

This week was moves and Sister Ho and I are staying in Bracknell. :) We are both really excited! Well last week was fantastic. We did an exchange and I went to Royal Tunbridge Wells (the other side of London) with Sister Housley!! Sister Housley is from Orem, and I remebmer seeing her picture in the Orem Institute building before I left and wonderred if I would ever serve with her. ha ha. But it was so good. Exchanges= miracles that's for sure! AND for dinner when I was there we went to a members restaurant there called Chez JJ, it's a French restaurant and we could order whatever we wanted so of course we ordered escargot. :D ha ha and then this really yummy chicken dish and creme brulee... it was soo good! 

Then it was back to Bracknell for me. We had a realy busy weekend on teaching and finding and preparing for a fireside we had last night. It was called the "Finding Strength Fireside" and we started out talking about strength and Nate Phillips did a little demonstration about strength for us. We had doughnuts and everytime someone took a doughnut he had to do 15 pushups. Well by the end everyone was like no I don't want to take a doughnut, I don't want to make him do the pushups! ... but he had to do the pushups anyways whether they took the doughnut or not. We then shifted gears and talked about how we can find strength through Jesus Christ and especially through the atonement. It was so powerful. We were all crying. It was great. ha ha. I am so grateful for the atonement and that I get to tell people who are so weak about the atonement and that I can invite them to find strength through Him- and that I can find strength through the Savior as well. ALL the time. 

Well these are a few of my favorite things this week:
*THE SUNSHINE! Man this last weekend was fabulous. When I was in Tunbridge Wells I was only wearing a cardigan while the sun was out! But now... it's dark and grey and cold again. Oh well. Spring will come!
*Seeing Big Ben, the London Eye, and the Tower Bridge on Thursday and Friday (Riding the train through London ;))
*When we wake up it is not PITCH black anymore- yay!
*When an investigator gave me his "favorite/ lucky" flask. :D He hasn't had alcohol for 23 days now!! It is beautiful to see people change.

I love you family so much. Thank you for everything- especially the emails AND pictures. :) I just want to share something with you before I send this off. THIS is what has gotten me through the week: 

http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#good-things-to-come 

No comments: