Monday, May 28, 2012

May 17

I mooooooooooooooooved! I, Sister Janna Lynn Mills am now serving in WANDSWORTH!!!!!!! I'm a London Sister :D So I got here yesterday and we were so busy we didn't have time to come emailing so here we are today. We got home yesterday and then went to go see a woman called Joyce. She is from Zimbabwe and she came to England to study nursing but she got here and found out she had cancer. She is just recovering from cancer and my goodness she is amazing. She has a cold at the moment so she was really really weak and tired but she said she didn't want to cancel the appointment because she loves when we come over and said it brings her so much peace and helps her sleep at night. :) I'm so excited to teach her more! As we were on our way home from her we met this guy called Peter from Uganda and we started talking with him and told him who we are and he said "Jesus Christ's church?! I only see England's church in this country, it's about time Jesus Christ's church was here!!" ha ha and as we kept talking to him and telling him about The Book of Mormon he was just yelling (in a good way) about it all "of course I'll meet with you sisters! Jesus Christ's church is here in England, it is about time!!" ha ha man I hope he's not just a flogger but he was so cool. 

So here in Wandsworth (by the way Elder Cross served here for like 9 months and then Sister Christensen served here as well!) So sisters have been here now about 3 months and before that sisters haven't served here for 18 years! So my companion is Sister Barker (who sister Christensen trained, we are SISTERS! ha ha) she is from North Carolina, she comes from a family of 10 and she has a brother AND a sister both on missions right now as well! (One in Salt Lake, one in California) She's great! 

Oh before I forget my new address is:

#12 Elms Court
Montague Road
London
SW19 1TZ


Ok well we have to go we just got a call from some elders that we need to meet up with because they have a Book of Mormon on CD for us to take to Joyce, YAY!!! oh and they are bringing us krispy kreme doughnuts. yes! I love you guys! Don't worry mom, I'm safe! :)

*Me and Sister Barker on the tube. We use any and every type of transportation here. The underground, the trains, the buses, and we walk! 

P.S. we live in Wimbledon :)

*Me and allllll my stuff

*Me and Sister Ho and Penny the day before I left. This is Penny!!





No comments: