Tuesday, August 12, 2008

mmmhmmm


We walked out yesterday morning to this... awfulness. Well not really, I LOVE the rain but come on not when you are trying to do some 5th avenue shopping!! ;) So the first purchase of the day... an umbrella from a little corner store, $5. Mom put her hood on and she looked like a little martian, a cute little martian of course!







So we had this great day planned out but it was raining so we needed to come up with a different plan when all the sudden Caitlin and I saw this cube just sitting there about to fall! So we, being the brave souls that we are, ran over and held it up all day. :D















Alright so that's a lie... haha but speaking of brave souls, we went and saw ground zero and they were busy at work building a new fabulous building. We went into a church across the street from it where the firemen and others that helped clean up the rubble could go and stay and rest inbetween shifts and there were pictures and a fireman suit on one of the pews there... it was so sad. It really was amazing what they did when they helped save all those people and in cleaning after it happened.




After we left ground zero we went to 5th avenue and walked up the street and saw every single fantastic designer store :D oh it was heaven! We went into Tiffany's and I picked out my wedding ring... haha no but my goodness that was the best store. Anywho so we decided to stop and have lunch at Rockafeller Center and it's a good thing we did because RIGHT before we got there it started DOWNPOURING. I have seriously never seen it rain that hard! Good thing we had our umbrellas. :) So after shopping some more we came home and had dinner and then decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Here's Cait and I about to climb up the rope of the bridge...

This is the view of downtown Manhatten from the Brooklyn Bridge. Gorgeous gorgeous view.
Today we got up at SIX A.M. (I really didn't think it was possible... but we sure did it! By the way that's 4 a.m. Utah time :S) Anyways we got up and headed to go see the Statue of Liberty!! We thought we would have to wait in a bunch of lines but the only line we had to wait in was the second security line at the statue... :) It was great! It was a lot smaller than I was anticipating... but it was still huge! There's mom and I and our new bff Lady Liberty right there!
We were pretty bored in the second security line so we decided to take some artistic pictures... I thought it was kind of dangerous of Lady Liberty to have an open flame with so many people around... so I took initiative and put it out for her. :) Oh and the people behind us saw me taking this picture and just laughed and laughed and asked if I would take a picture just like it on their camera, so I did! (and charged them $20 ;) hehe) No no I took it free of charge because they were so nice. Everyone is so nice here! ESPECIALLY the NYPD officers and FDNY... and they are so cute too! What are the odds..
So on Ellis Island we were upstairs taking a tour but our tour guide was just this cute little Italian man with this great New York/Italian accent but he talked so quiet and we couldn't hear a word he was saying! So anyways Caitlin and I decided to go take some pictures of the view of New York from the window and Caitlin was so impressed I guess she didn't even notice this bar sticking out and ran right into it!! hahaha we were literally on the floor laughing oh my goodness it was the funniest thing!! So here is a reinactment of the comedy.

1 comment:

Ben and Janelle said...

So fun! I am so jealous of your amazing trip! I'm sure it was a blast. I love your funny pictures of Lady Liberty and her dangerous flame and that cube that was about to topple over onto someone! :)