Sunday, August 3, 2008

Those Crazy Howell's!

Oh my goodness... where do I even begin?! Me, Mom, Kate, Penny, Daysa, and Rosemary decided to take a trip up to Boise to see everyone. So Thursday morning we all crammed into Mary's small car and we were off! Oh wait we needed to stop for gas first so we get to the gas station and even though I was sitting in the middle I was the lucky one voted to fill up the car. So after climbing over everyone I got out of the car and swiped Mary's card so I could fill up. But her card didn't work. So we tried another card, and another card, and another card. We finally decided maybe it was the pump that was broken so we drove over to another pump. Same thing. So we went to another gas station and FINALLY 10 minutes after we stopped for gas we had finished what we set out to do. NOW we were ready to hit the road! To keep with tradition we stopeed in Tremonton to get some much needed breakfast. We parked and split up between McDonalds and Wendys. I ran over to McDonalds for a delicious fattening breakfast and I start ordering and the lady says to me "Sorry breakfast is over." Are you kidding me?! Was I being punk'd? It was only 10:34... I MISSED BREAKFAST BY 4 MINUTES!!! It's Big Daddy all over again. Seriously. Anyways we had a BLAST in Idaho! We played in Boise Thursday night, rode our bikes with Bryson to the snow cone shack where we got FREE snow cones (it was the last day that snow cone shack was open!) and then went and visited Emily at Papa Murphs. We went back later and got pizzas for everyone. Have you ever had their barbeque chicken pizza?! Oh my goodness SOO good! SOO good! Almost as good as the B.O.'s ;) Anyways the next morning we headed up to Garden Valley to Grandpa's cabin. It was exhausting. The second we got there we got on the motorcycles and went riding. As soon as we got off the motorcycles we went to the river and floated down the river. Got back to the cabin, ate, slept, woke up, and did the same thing again. :) But oh man was it a blast!! On Saturday morning I went with grandpa on a ride and I honestly have never thought to myself "I'm going to die." so many times in one day!! haha that old man is so crazy!! He is hilarious. The night before around the campfire he re-created a weight loss commercial.


















Before After
Need I say more?!






The apple sure did not fall far from the tree. Here is a picture of Uncle Bobby singing the theme song from Green Acres. (By the way mom and I came home and found episodes on YouTube... So funny!!)









Anyways I'm happy to report Grandpa didn't tip over once while we were riding! :D A miracle I know. Right after we started riding he turned around and said to me "Now if we tip just go down nice and easy." hahaha :) We rode up the mountain to this view.



















Well the best part of floating down the river was actually some hot springs we found. We had to wade across the river that was pretty darn cold but once we got across there were tons of perfectly warm little "hot tubs"






You can see Chele's head inbetween the "hot tubs" and Mom Kate and Penny down by the river.










Anywho the trip was so so fun!! :) The last event of the trip was of course a 1 am wal-mart run to get some milk so we could have milk and cereal for breakfast before we left this morning (don't worry we slept in so we didn't even get to enjoy our beautiful dairy product. :( ) Just 4 and a half more weeks until Emily and I will get to have more adventures together!! :D




























































7 comments:

Abbie said...

Janna! You're blog is oh so super cute! I'm glad you had fun on your trip! Love ya!

Ben and Janelle said...

Janna-
Hey! Cute blog! Hope you keep it up while you're gone!
Janelle Belk

Melissa said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love visiting family and love sponateous trips even more!

Steve and Hailey said...

How my goodness! That pictures of Grandpa are hilarious! Did he just decide to do that? I totally wish I had been on the trip. I miss younger days of the cheesy cousin campouts.

Unknown said...

That's right foo!
Walmart is the best!
Yaaa for janna & emily!!!
:)

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Soooo glad you guys made the trek. It is a long drive, but Bryson needed some good cousin time!

Kristen said...

I love your boots in the wal-mart pic! The Idaho trip sounds like it was quite the adventure from the get-go. I like grandpa's comment of is you crash to get go down nice and easy....I'm sure that was really comforting!! Next item of business after posting this comment, I'm searching for Uncle Bob on Youtube!