Friday, September 5, 2008

Good luck getting through this beast...

I haven't blogged in forever! SO I thought I would do this right and back track a little bit. What have I been up to since New York?!















Bowling!












































Throwing parties for Kate. :D (she turns 16 on the 9th but that's my second day of school so there was no way i could be there to do something for her so i threw her a party a little early! It turned out PERFECT!! lots and lots of her friends came, we had a d.j. and games and food and don't worry the police came haha)

























More bowling!








































Visiting Grandma in Salt Lake and of course we couldn't leave without her giving us some treasures! No she didn't give me these fabulous cowboy boots but i just LOVED them so i had to wear them the whole time we were there. :)















































Cleaning out my closet... seriously. This is one of the baskets we took to d.i. ha! SO that pretty much brings us to the present! I did some other great stuff like went and saw Rogue Wave and Jack Johnson in concert, went shopping and bought NOTHING (i know, crazy), tye dye, making hemp bracelets... haha oh you know the works.











So finally summer has come to an end... this is Courtney and I saying goodbye last night. :(









































This morning mom and I moved all my stuff, and trust me there was quite a bit, to the car... all by ourselves. :D we felt pretty tough, that's what this superwoman pose is for. Well that and the fact that we really are superwomen...




































This is my cute little dorm!! Well part of the front room at least, Tanner decided to try and be a man and help us move the stuff inside ;)




































HANDS DOWN the neatest thing we have found so far (other than the statue in the middle of town that someone put their sunglasses on) our phone is A. 80 years old and B. has THE longest cord ever! So naturally Tanner and I had to use it as a jump rope! It worked like a charm. :D



















We had dinner at frontier pie and found a cute little friend. :)










Now HERE is a story worth telling. Emily and I both like to sleep with fans blowing right on us so I have mine on a little shelf right by my bed but Emily had different stuff of hers on her side of the shelf so we had to figure out how to put her fan up so my little college brain thought of
<----- THIS! isn't it amazing? I shoved a wire hanger into the ceiling and and made a loop and shoved the other end in the ceiling and duct taped them there and then stuck the fan right on the loop! :D Oh man we are geniuses.






Well so wow... I'm all moved in... I live in Rexburg, Idaho. :D yikes! This is my little part of the room before I had all my stuff moved in and of course the picture below is after. :) Yes I fit all the clothes I brought in the closet, although it is TINY! and I went to good ole wally world and got a foam pad to put on my mattress cause it SUCKS and now it will be like sleeping on a cloud! :) Oh man it's just been great so far! Our roomates are Julianne and Lauren from Michigan and Wisconsin and we are all so much alike. We went to the orientation together and after moving all of our stuff in just talked for 3 hours! :) Tomorrow we have a few different activities and need to run some more errands.. don't worry i'll keep you updated!








3 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

The spacing is really weird on this post... Great pictures though!!!!! Jump rope with the phone chord!!! Yay, at least now you can exercise in your dorm!!!!!!

Abbie said...

Ah, Janna I'm so stoked for ya! You're dorm looks amazing! Love ya!!

Holly said...

Janna...Wow starting college is scary. I hope you love it there. If you meet anyone from Dayton, Clifton, or Weston ,Idaho. Let me know. Maybe some time I can come up and see you. Hope you are having a blast.