Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 10

Helloo!! Ok I cannot believe girls camp is this week and the 4th of July is next week? What?! I'm so happy Shan Jas and Evie are going to be in Utah though, that is so fun! I am expecting a billion pictures I hope you realize. :) Man I'm so excited for you, I love the 4th of July. Parade, cotton candy, sitting on the hill by the bell tower playing games with the family and making new friends, walking to Wendys or Brick, waiting not so patiently for the jets to fly across... woohoo!!!!!!!! I love it. Who is singing at the stadium of fire again? Did Jennifro make it?! Seriously.... God bless America. ha ha America is so wonderful. Yesterday a woman called Grace told us she had a surprise for us and she walked into the chapel and started playing America the Beautiful for us and so Sister Christensen and I sang it for her and just had a moment of wow... we miss America. Ha ha it was great.
Well things here have been wonderful. I don't even really know what to report because I wrote so recently! ha ha Oh we went and did some service and helped Karina paint her daughter Hannah's room on Friday and it was so fun to paint! I thought of you mama and wondered if you would mock my crappy painting job ha ha but it was a really good and just relaxing time, man that is the best kind of service ever! ha ha Hannah has been wanting to paint her room so we went over while Hannah was at school and so it was a surprise when she got home and she loved it!! That family is so beautiful to me. They are the ones we took a family photo with last week! Karina is a member but the rest of her family isn't but Hannah mentioned to Karina the ways she feels when we come around and when Karina prays with her family, etc. so they are recognizing the spirit and it is just amazing! Oh when Karina told us that we were so excited. Love them love them.
Well these are a few of my favorite things this week...
*We went over to the Lennon-Miller home to watch the Joseph Smith movie for FHE last Monday and Tammy told us Andrew was so excited that he kept going outside and looking down the street, waiting for us to come :) man that family makes me so happy
*Bert the bus driver. He was driving the bus this morning and he was whistling this happy little tune, it was great! ha ha
*When people say things to you such as "I feel like I have known you for a hundred thousand years"
*The flowers in England. Ohhhh I am in flower paradise!!!! I just want to pick them all and bring them to the flat with me :)
*Hearing bits of funny random songs. Is N-Dubz popular in America? Well they are huge here and they have this ridiculous song that we always hear playing. Go ahead and have a look. It's called "I Need You" or something like that. ha ha
Well I'm sorry this is so super short today but OH mama and pem! Good luck at girls camp! I love girls camp so much. Mom I know you are going to do perfectly. Just don't worry about anything ok? I know you have put the preparation in, now just go and have fun and help the girls feel the spirit! I love that you said the goal for camp this year you want the girls to gain a greater love for the Lord, that is beautiful. It is truly the greatest thing we can do. The first principle of the gospel is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for a reason! It is the base of everything else we do and know. It is because of Jesus Christ that we can find happiness and joy and return to our Father in Heaven. I love that! I am so grateful for the Savior. Oh and mom I love that the leaders all went to the temple before, that is beautiful!!!
Ok I love you all!!!
****PICTURES****
These first 2 pictures are of the Quay. This is where we are going to go today and just walk around the little shops and just enjoy the beauty of the River Exe!
-Look who we saw this morning right here in England! Voldie!!!! ha ha Sister Christensen and I got on the bus to come email and the bus driver was having a smoke break (surprise surprise) and we both saw the poster at the same time, gasped, and stood up so we could go take a picture with it. ha ha ohhhh H.P. ok ps there is a guy in our ward that seriously sounds like professor snape from the potter puppet pals thing... ha ha ha





1 comment:

Jana-Leigh said...

Thanks for putting up Janna's emails :) I love reading them and I miss Jan! In fact, I think i'm going to write her right now :)