Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 8

Hello hello hello!

So.... the Savior amazes me. We were reading a conference talk to a woman called Doris and we were talking about how the Savior CHOSE to go through the atonement for us. He could have known through revelation the things we will go through and the things he will feel but he chose to suffer those things himself so he really could feel what we feel so He can be there to comfort us when we need it. I know that's true. I know the Savior suffered all things for us. Sometimes I wonder why He would ever choose to go through the pains that we go through and it just makes me love Him more. I truly stand all amazed. I know the Lord suffered every physical pain that we have, every heartache and heartbreak, every fear that we have so that he can comfort us when we need it most. That is how we get through this life and you better believe that's how we get through as missionaries.

I cannot believe I forgot to tell you last week the most exciting news ever.... we got to go to East Grinstead on Wednesday for training aka... we got to go to the temple!!!!! Oh my goodness it was a blissful day. I love the temple so much and I'm so grateful we were able to go! It made me think of what President Monson said in conference "there is no sacrifice too great, no price too heavy, no struggle too difficult in order to receive the blessings of the temple. There are never too many miles to travel, too many obstacles to overcome, or too much discomfort to endure. It is the saving ordinances received in the temple that permit us to someday return to our Heavenly Father in an eternal family relationship." Oh I love that so much. I'm grateful for that time we had there at the temple. The members here in Exeter drive 4 hours one way to get to the temple and they do it often so.. if you have a temple recomment, take the time, MAKE the time to go! If you don't have a temple recommend, go get one! Do what you need to do to get one and you will be blessed.

This gospel really does change people. We met with Alec, the man who was baptised last and as we were discussing the gospel it was AMAZING the change that we can see. He would say things that we were just astonished that he remembered or understood and when we were reading to read the Book of Mormon with him (before he would just pretend like he was following along in the book because he can't read) but this time he busted out these reading glasses we have never even seen and started actually following along as we read! He told us story after story how he helped people and told them about the gospel and about how God loves them. He told us how he went and bought more herbal tea! It is just amazing the way he is embracing the gospel!!!!! It's beautiful. I love Alec Nigel Antony Sims so much.

This week our dear sweet Andrew Lennon-Miller was baptised. It was the most beautiful service! His mother spoke and she said she was so nervous but she calmly bore her testimony about baptism and shared scriptures.. it was just perfect. His grandad came from the Helston ward in Cornwall to baptise him and it was just a lovely family moment! Andrew is seriously the man. He is the smartest and most spiritual 9 year old I have ever met! He is going to do amazing things for this ward, for his family, and for the church!

So... something I was just thinking about: You know you love your companion when....

*you randomly bust out singing I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.T. at 11 at night at the same exact time as your companion- oops
*you say the same thing at the same time... all the time
*when you can't finish all your food at a dinner appointment your companion gladly finishes it for you :) ha ha


Love ya love ya love ya!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Shannon--you're a great sister. Send my love to Janna. We're praying for her everyday.