Friday, October 7, 2011

Week 23

Hi famalamaly!! It was so good to hear from you all today! And I have loved all the random email clips from the Oswalds/ Met and Clair and Haley andPreston! Hello!!! 
 
I am SOOOOO excited for conference!!!!!!!!!! After reading what mom and shan said about the relief society broadcast I am so excited for that as well. Our conference schedule will go as follows: Saturday- Relief Society broadcast 3-4 Saturday morning session will be broadcast LIVE from 5-7 and then Sunday morning they broadcast the priesthood session from 10-12 then the Saturday afternoon session they broadcast on Sunday from 1-3 and then they broadcast Sunday morning session LIVE from 5-7 and then Sunday afternoon session they broadcast live from 9-11.... ya we won't get to see that one :( ha ha and also we are having zone conference on Friday! It is going to be a wonderful weekend of conferences!!!! So as you are watching Saturday and Sunday morning know that I am watching the same exact thing at the same exact time ;) And don't worry Kate and Pen I'll be looking for you and the Langagers!! Our investigators are so excited for conference as well :) It is going to be such a neat thing to be able to watch conference with them! One of our investigators called Natasha is so excited for conference- it's cute. She kind of looks like your friend Nylene mom! Oh and she is a Romany Gypsy. Yup we are teaching a gypsy. :) Have I told you about Route? (Zoot) she went to Bristol for a week and just got back and oh ya I'm remembering now that I have told you about her because I remember telling you about Lin in the ward that is from China as well! They are so cute. Things are going well with Krzysztof and Csabi as well. Yesterday was Krzysztof's first time at church and he said he didn't understand much but that there was such a good feeling there. Oh it was the primary program yesterday! SO funny. But so spiritual. Kids should teach every class at church I think. ha ha It is so easy to feel the spirit because of their sweet simple testimonies. Anyways for Krzysztof we are going to set up one of the computers at the chapel in the family history centre so he can watch conference with Polish translations! I am so grateful for the blessing of technology. Ps you should all write me next week and tell me what your favorite talk was and why. :) ANDD... just give me a little sum up of what I miss from Sunday afternoon sesh. Oh that's what I want for my birthday mom, a copy of the conference Ensign that will come out in November. Mmmk?

 
Last week we had ward council and we talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon- I love it! Our bishop said they did some research and the time when visiting/home teaching and all the other things were the greatest in the ward was when President Hinckley gave us the challenge to read the Book of Mormon. So our stake presidency has challenged us to read the Book of Mormon everyday. So... dear family, will you read the Book of Mormon everyday as well? I promise that if you read it every day, even if it's just one verse you will have a greater love for it and you will come closer to Christ. I know because that's what it has done for me! What an amazing blessing we have in our lives to have more scripture from God, we just need to use it! Along with that- listen to conference, watch conference, go to conference, we are so blessed in Utah to be so close to it all. Besides, what's the point of having a prophet and apostles on the earth if we aren't even going to listen to what they say?! Just do it. You will have your very personal questions answered if you do. What a cool promise!
 
Welll just a few quick faves for you:
*When someone is trying to avoid you but you see them in town 3 different times throughout the week... then they finally realize that God wants them to talk to us. Coincidence? I think not. :)
*A Witheridge week. The bus ride up to Witheridge is breathtaking.
*A bird pooped on my shoe this morning. ha ha ha ha ha I guess that wasn't a fave but it made me laugh so... good enough.
 
Mmmmk then, until next week! Szeretlek!!!

No comments: