Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 25

Heller! Ok I can't believe I'm missing Bishop Murray's pie making adventures! Man... When Nat told me they have been sharing pies with the family... I wanted some pie. ha ha And mom, I can't even tell you there is nothing sweeter to me than to hear you saying that you have been reading The Book of Mormon everyday and having family prayers as well! Something so small that makes a HUGE difference. We had a zone meeting for district meeting this last week and the Stake President came and talked to us about the importance of The Book of Mormon, we are going to be studying a chapter of The Book of Mormon with all the members of the ward council and their families and get them excited about reading The Book of Mormon which will get them excited about sharing it as well! The Stake Presidency has invited all the members to bring a friend with them to stake conference and they feel The Book ofMormon is the place to start. :) Oh that reminds me- Penny was telling me how at general conference when President Monson walked into the room it was just a flood of the spirit, that it was so strong- that's exactly how it felt when Elder Bednar came intot he room when we had the mission conference with him. It was amazing. Penny- write down how you felt in that moment and the impressions you had at conference and look back at that often. SO many times in the scriptures it says to REMEMBER and that is exactly what we need to do. We need to remember the spiritual experiences that we have had because Satan will try and make us forget! We met with a guy this week that was a member and he just... forgot. He studies theology and he has let facts get in the way of spiritual experiences he has had himself. He has forgotten the importance of the Holy Ghost and FAITH. Sometimes God doesn't give us exact answers or physical evidence because he wants to let us show some faith! He wants us to FEEL the truthfulness of this gospel and wants us to act on those feelings even if they don't always make sense.
 
let me just say- we are at this internet cafe place and they are playing Rosanna by Toto... on repeat. And it's getting pretty annoying. ha ha ha
 
SO a few weeks ago the APs gave us the phone number of a Polish member in the Reading zone so we called him a few days ago while we were teaching Krzysztof and they talked and it was so cool because Peter, this member said he is going to take some days off work and come down and just teach Krzysztof because Krzysztof wants to know EVERYTHING he always says to us that he is just hungry to learn more about the church! We found the book "Our Heritage" online in Polish so he has been reading that- he is really interested in how the church got to the point it is now from when Joseph Smith was the prophet. He is amazing. We love teaching him. Oh! This week we were on the bus coming home and I looked over and there was a man that looked so familiar so I sat there for a second trying to remember how I know him and I asked Sister Fekete if we have talked to him on the street before and she said no so I kept thinking and then it hit me- when Robin was in the hospital for weeks and weeks there was a man in the bed next to him that was there the same amount of time as Robin so everytime we would go to see Robin we would talk to this man as well! His name is Sir Michael. Well it's just Michael, I don't really even remember why we started calling him Sir Michael ha ha so I went and started talking to him and he was so sweet, he looks SO much better more healthy and happy and full of life and said he wants to meet with us so he can hear more about what we would talk to Robin about. :) The Lord works in mysterious ways that's for sure. Well I'm sorry this is so short, there is a sweet lady sitting next to me typing a letter and she needed some help using the computer. Love you all! p.s. we are having zone training this Friday in Plymouth :D yes!





Hi Janna,
Got your email today. Yes I did enjoy the conference...watched the afternoon sessions both Saturday and Sunday at my new Church in Arlington Heights IL!
Funny how things work out...been thinking bout contacting the church ever since meeting you on the plane. Last weekend visited  my cuzzin Michelle and her family in DC. I happened to be there for their family home meeting.
Of course they asked me if I wanted to join them. So many little hints from God over the years...including meeting you on the plane. Was an amazing experience..the topic was preparing their daughter for her Baptism at the end of the month
Got home and contacted the church and the next day two missionaries were sitting in my house.
Started out on this little journey but so far loving it!
I'll keep you up to date.
God bless.




Also, Sister Mills really wanted me to post these pictures.

 *That's right American flag trousers. Fugliest things ever. I had to try them on.


*Plymouth Zone!! September-October 2011 :)



*Us with Phil, Tezza, and Dave :) -pray for them!!!!!-


*I cut Sister Fekete's bangs :D it was fun. ha ha

*Ok last week when we went to Torquay I ALMOST got pooped on. It was so close it just hit my finger. Man did I get lucky. ha ha 
*Paignton Sisters and Newton Abbot elders and us. This is our tv reality series cover picture. ha ha oh and we are all holding ice cream. The most delicious ice cream ever :) 
*Us with the elders at DARTMOOR. Beautiful eh? ps i think i was trying to fix my badge or something cause the wind was blowing it upside down.. ha ha 
*Comp item. :) 


*Another comp item! It's the softest blanket ever. Thank you Primark!!



No comments: