Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 26

Hello hello hello! What a week. I'm glad it's over. ha ha ha no it was a really good week, some of the highlights that stick out in my mind: 
*last Monday Sister Fekete was looking for something for her mums birthday so we went into this charity shop and there it was- the most perfect winter coat just waiting for me to try it on. So I did. And we fell in love. ha ha I found a winter coat and it's in brand new condition and it was only £9!! So I used some of the money Deny and Rita sent me (yes I did get the money from them, I thought I wrote home about it! I knew I needed to save it for a rainy day and that's exactly what I did!) so happy early birthday to me- I got my coat!!! :) So mom don't worry about sending money for a coat! And Deny and Rita, thank you again!!
*Our English teaching lessons with Krzysztof, it was so fun! And Adrian, a member of the bishopbric studied English as a second language so he has been helping us with Krzysztof as well, it's great. We also teach him after we have an English lesson as well and when we ask him something "Krzysztof do you believe we have a living prophet today?" and in his thick Polish accent "Of course! It's normal!" ha ha :)
*Zone training!! It was so good. We talked a lot about prayer and it was exactly what I needed. We also talked about the attention the church is getting because of the politics in America. This last week there was a 20 minute segment on BBC about the church! And they were speaking very highly about the church! We talked about how this church will be the last beacon of hope- it's amazing that we are so blessed to already have the knowledge about this beacon of hope, and I'm grateful that I can go share that hope with others. 

BUT I am so looking forward to this coming week because we're going to LONDON!!! We'll do some shopping and sight seeing... ha ya right. But seriously we are going to London! When we were with president's wife on Friday we finally got an appointment scheduled for Sister Fekete to go have her knee looked at so we can schedule her ACL reconstruction surgery. Man it was so funny and terrible at the same time yesterday one of the bishopbric members pulled us aside and asked if we are ok and then told us that he had the same surgery and that we should be careful because he almost died after the surgery because of blood clots.. ha ha ha Sister Fekete was so scared after that. I told her it would be fine and she is ok now but please pray for her!  Wednesday evening we will be catching a train up to East Grinstead to stay with the sisters there near the temple and then Thursday morning we will take the tubes into London for her appointment.Are we going out of our mission boundaries? Yes, yes we are. ha ha We are going to the London Bridge Hospital which is literally right next to the London bridge so that will be cool to see that! And to think last time I was there I was being a swamp witch to Tanner and Kate and some random person was throwing bags of crisps on us and I vowed I would never go back to London again.... ha ha ha 

Oh but before that we are teaching seminary tomorrow!! Oh we are so excited. They are studying the old testament and we are talking about Joseph in the lesson tomorrow- will we bust out in song and dance? TBA. Oh but for my birthday I already said I want a copy of the November conference Ensign issue but could I also ask for you to send my cd of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat? ha ha my cd might be all scratched up but you can go on my itunes and just burn another copy? Sweet! Speaking of the Ensign, have you seen it this month? ALL about The Book of Mormon- it's beautiful. And we'll have another English lesson with Krzysztof on Tuesday and he will have his baptismal interview for his Saturday baptism!!!!! Before the baptism Saturday we are going to Newton Abbot to help with this huge family history extravaganza as well- it will be well cool! What a beautiful week planned. Now let's all just pray everything will go well. :) ha ha 

Well here are some random thoughts:
*The other night we were about to say our night companionship prayer and my toe started to itch but before I could even reach down to scratch it Sister Fekete reached over and scratched my foot. My mouth dropped open and I started laughing and I was just like what in the world my toe was just itching and you leaned over and scratched it!!! She was like what?!?! I just randomly thought  hmm I'm going to tickle/scratch her foot right now. ha ha ha now THAT'S what I call comp unity. 
*"I'm not bein funny but..." is one of the most popular phrases here. People say it all the time! "I'm not bein funny but I have seen more people get hit by busses here in Exeter than anywhere else" ha ha we heard a street performer saying that to his crowd on Saturday. There is your British quote for the week. :)
*We had more American tourists at our ward this week- from Salt Lake! It's always fun to talk to people from home. And they always say how much they love the ward, seriously I love the Exeter ward. I love Exeter so much! I feel like I'm going to move.... I love it too much. ha ha we'll see oh speaking of next Monday we don't have pday because it's MOVES WEEK AGAIN! Are you kidding me? Sheesh louise. 
*I loved the random pictures from Shan, Tan, and Kate this week. The best was a convo Tanner sent me a picture of from him shan and kate, kate asked what she should wear and tan and shan wrote the same answer at the same time, ha ha that might sound so stupid and random but i LOVED it! I like being included on the little things like that ha ha so thanks Tan!

Alrighty well I think that's all for today, hopefully I'll have some good pictures for you for next week :D I love you all! Ps keep reading The Book of Mormon everyday! Are you?

No comments: