Monday, November 21, 2011

week 29

hello!! oh thanks for all the birthday wishes! I'M 22!!!!! what in the world... it's weird, it doesn't feel like it's my birthday at all but people from the ward have been calling all day to wish me a happy birthday and it's just like oh ya... it's my birthday! ha ha but guess what I got for my birthday? a new companion!!!!! ha ha so yes I am emailing today because we were traveling all day yesterday, Fekete and I took the train to London, picked up Gregson, said goodbye to Fekete and we were on our way back home to the boonies of Exeter! ha ha by the way Sister Fekete's surgery is tomorrow... pray for her! So today has been absolutely brilliant. We woke up and we were about to go on a uni walk tracting and we realized that we didn't have any food, we hadn't gone grocery shopping on pday because we didn't have a pday! so we came into town and got our groceries, took them back to the flat and then Sister Gregson took me to Nando's for lunch. It. Was. Deeelish. It's so good, it's like a Portugeuse or Brazilian restaurant and the chicken is divine. There is one in Vegas apparently! Anyways then we went and taught Liz and Louise (2 really cute girls we met on the street last week that are Christian and believe we are saved JUST by the grace of God...) and then here we are emailing! By the way it's 4 o'clock and... it's pretty much dark. Brace yourself, it's going to be a long, dark, cold winter ha ha we are going to teach David after this and then we are going to the Turpins for dinner! It's going to be great.
 
Speaking of David.... he got baptised on Saturday!!! yay!!!! and the hot water worked and everything!! ;) ha ha I was going to send pictures but I forgot my cord! oopsie daisies. But oh it was so good. It was scary because he was walking into the font and got to the last step and just stood there for a minute, long enough for me to think 'oh my... he is going to turn around and run right out of the church... he's going to run!' but then he took that last step and it was all gravy. Fewf! ha ha oh ya and by the way he didnt' show up for his confirmation on Sunday. ha ha oh my gosh the most stressful hours of church ever, we tried to call him probably about 20 times... literally. Right as sacrament was about to begin (sacrament is the last hour by the way) he called and said he had just woken up he slept through his alarm, and our 20 calls! So he rushed down but by the time he got there fast and testimony meeting had already started so... next week. :) ha ha ha man. Oh mom you said you just switched the clocks? We did last Sunday, that's weird.
 
You asked about Halloween, yes we went to the bishops house and it was so much fun. We took a load of pictures but they are on Fekete's camera so I'll have to have her send them, we just played lots of games mostly eating games like a jelly (jell-o) eating contest, doughnut eating, find the chocolate button in the flour... mostly games that their kids made up that were all really messy and just fun to laugh at everyone while they did it ha ha it was fun. Oh and Friday we went to a ward party for bon fire night!! Bon fire night was Saturday but we did our celebration on Friday. It's the day they celebrate when Guy Fox was caught trying to blow up parliament so usually people have a Guy Fox cut out and burn it... ha ha ha we just had a proper bonfire using pallets and stuff and tons and TONS of fireworks! It was great. And there is something called the Poppy Appeal that is for Rememberance day on 11 November to honour all the veterans from WWI and 2 so EVERYONE wears these paper poppies on their coats, I'll send you a picture don't fret. So it's true, the holidays are upon us! Halloween, bonfire night, my birthday, rememberance day, thanksgiving, and CHRISTMAS!!!! :) Dad you asked about if we could do skype, yes! That's what all the missionaries do instead of a proper phone call, so I'm really excited! I probably have a webcam downstairs in that treasure chest looking thing of mine too if you want to use that.
 
Happy Birthday cousin Ellen and aunt Rosemary!!!! and a late birthday shoutout to Syd too!! I cannot believe that lady is going to UKRAINE!! oh she is going to love it. I'm so excited for her! Well I apologise again for no pictures today... I know that's always the best part ha ha but next week it'll happen. Oh did I even tell you about Sister Gregson?! She is so cool. She's from Holiday, Utahand people kept telling both of us that we are going to get along so well yada yada and... it's true. We might be the same person... ? ha ha it's going to be fun. This morning during companionship study it was so great, it's always fun to see how a new companion studies and how much you can learn from someone in just a day! She's a fantastic teacher oh and she just got her British drivers license so.. we're going to talk President into giving us a car here in Exeter. That would be SWEET!!!!! Oh my gosh side note, Jo moved!! :( She moved to Wolverhampton (Birmingham) to live with her dad so she can save some money while she works. I'm so sad. I'm going to miss Jo so much. She was always always there for us and she still will be.. but just in Birmingham. ha ha well anyways we have to go to teach Alec and David but I love you guys! Thank you for all the prayers and happy birthday emails and Tanner for the birthday pictures of Evie! She is standing and walking and growing so big! I can't wait to see her and talk to her on Christmas! :) Oh mum you asked what I might need for Christmas that the relief society could send me... I have no idea ha ha I haven't even thought about that. Can I think about it and tell you next week? Maybe just thermals :S man tis cold already. But ya I'll give it a think and let you know. Ok byeeeeee!

No comments: