Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 32

Alright famalamaly I LOVED all the pictures and stories and even the video tan sent from the 
week! I'm so happy you got to be all together for Thanksgiving! This week was such a good 
week  for us. The Lord knew it was Thanksgiving so he gave us a lot to be thankful for I guess. ha 
ha so the week started:
 *Monday night having FHE at the bishops house and we had a Mexican Fiesta! They invited a bunch 
of non member friends over so for the message Sister Gregson and I talked about The Book of Mormon 
and how Lehi and his family came from Jerusalem to America etc. etc. and we had the kids help 
tell the story for their friends that don't know about The Book of Mormon and we sang Book of 
Mormon stories and then we played duck duck goose and it was seriously so much fun we were all 
laughing so hard. I love the bishops family ANDDDDDD guess what?! THEY ARE MOVING TO AMERICA! Utah 
to be exact. :) They don't know where or how or anything but they know that the Lord wants them to 
be in Utah. Bishop teaches at the deaf school here so if anyone knows if they are hiring at UVU 
for sign language teachers or ANYTHING please let me know so I can tell them. Or if there are any 
houses for sell... etc. man this family... you want them in our home ward. ha ha they are 
fantastic. Oh and Tanner do you still have a snowboard? Bishop wants to get into snowboarding so 
bad, he said if you have a snowboard you can sell him or if you know anyone that is selling a 
snowboard he will send the money and we can just keep it until they get there. ha ha they are 
probably planning on moving in April! Man I'm so excited. A little slice of England waiting for me 
when I get home. ha ha 
*Tuesday we had an exchange with the Paignton sisters. Sister Priestley (from up north) came to 
Exeter and Gregs went to Paignton with Sister Cabrera (who is from Chile!) but there was a little 
scare before the exchange.. I woke up Tuesday morning and my eye hurt so bad, especially when I 
blinked. So I went and looked in the mirror and there was this bit dot on my eye lid... so Gregson 
and I went to the hospital and after an hour going back and forth from the A&E (accidents and 
emergencies) and the walk in clinic they finally gave me a diagnosis- a meibomian cyst. They 
didn't say much else, they just gave me a pamphlet and sent me on my way. That's the NHS for ya. 
ha ha ha They said I should put hot towels on it often and that it would go away by itself after a 
week or so. It was big and it hurt all day Tuesday but Wednesday morning I woke up and it was 
completely gone. Missions do weird things to your body. That's all I have to say. ha ha but 
anyways we still did the exchange and it was so great! We went and taught Martyn about the 
atonement and we saw Liz and Louise as well. We also did lots and lots of finding. Priestley is so 
good at finding because she has no fear whatsoever. Open your mouth and spare not. We talked to so 
many cool people this whole week. 
*Wednesday we went to Paignton to exchange back and we had a little picnic on the beach and it was 
such a beautiful day! It is getting so stink in cold though. Oh we took lots of pictures and I 
have some I want to send but it won't let me put pictures onto the computers here at the mac 
store! Boo. 
*Wednesday we went knocking and the very first house we knocked a lady answered the door and she 
was SMILING. She was so nice and started talking to us, told us she grew up as a  Jehovah's 
Witness but doesn't go to church now and her 3 kids started coming up to the door one by one and I 
was just like oh a family! I want to teach you guys! At first she was really like maybe after 
Christmas you guys can come over we're just really busy etc. etc. and she said that a few times 
but we just kept talking about other things that would always lead back to the gospel and after a 
while she was like it's so cold, I'm sorry I didn't even invite you in, come in! :D AHHHH that was 
my first time knocking IN to someone's house on my mission. It was lovely. We don't usually go 
knocking because street contacting is so successful here but now that it gets dark at half 3 in 
the afternoon we have a lot more knocking time. ha ha but their name is The Goddard family. We 
taught them about the restoration of the gospel and we are going back over on Wednesday and we are 
so excited. Pray for the Goddard family.
Thursday- THANKSGIVING!! We went to the Curran's home for thanksgiving dinner. Leah, the wife is 
from Utah and so she cooked us a proper thanksgiving meal. It was so yummy. They had their friends 
there from Bristol and they said there is a girl in their ward in Bristol going to Ukraine in 
December on her mission right before Christmas... She is probably going to be Syd's companion!!!!! 
ha ha her name is Amy Lewis. So Pen tell Syd to watch out for her! oops I wasn't done. ha ha stupid Mac... anyways this Thanksgiving I'm thankful for....
*My family. (especially because you send me emails and PICTURES!! :))*How strong my family is in 
the church. You are all such bright examples to me.
*Wonderful friends.*To feel so comfortable and at home here even though I'm so far from home.*The 
gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that's why I feel so at home here. And I'm SO grateful for it.
*Heaters in our flat. :) ha ha*The fact that I'm an auntie this year!*To be a MISSIONARY!
Well friends we are off to Plymouth today to have a zone thanksgiving p day! We are going to have 
a big feast and we will probably play football and American football and then we are driving up to 
Reading! We have a sisters conference tomorrow in Reading so today we get an actual p DAY not just 
a p 8 hours! :) ha ha it will be good. Hopefully this time driving up to Reading we won't have to 
stop to throw up. I have great expectations for this trip. ha ha I love you guys!! 

No comments: