Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 31

Hello hello!! Yes we are feeling much better. ha ha the week we were sick we lived on crackers and bread and it was SO good to start actually eating again. ha ha oh my goodness everyone is having babies!! Congrats Derek and Rachel and Ben and Chantal and Kent and Leisy! Did I miss anyone? ha ha oh and don't worry Court already told me the terrible news... that Nordstrom in the University mall is closing :*( ha ha ha well ok so this week was so great. 

Wednesday we had a relief society activity and we did lots of different crafts, the women here are so crafty!! It was fun. Natasha our investigator was in heaven. ha ha she loved it. Did I tell you about her? She is the one that reminds me of your friend Nylene mom! We have been teaching her off and on for a little while now. We taught her up until the commandments and she doesn't love all of them so... we just keep teaching WHY we keep the commandments. She has some learning disabilities so she just takes everything in really slow. But we love her! 

Ok probably the highlight of the week was Saturday. I'm so excited to tell you about it! First let me say that we have a goal mission wide to have a baptism on Christmas eve and confirmation on Christmas day or the week before as a gift to the Saviour. So we have been out "shopping" to find a gift for the Saviour ha ha and on Saturday we went to Paignton because they had asked Sister Gregson to sing at their baptism so we asked Martyn and Karina to drive us there. Karina is a member of the ward and we have been teaching Martyn (her husband) since probably the first week I got here. I have told you about them before I'm sure. Martyn reminds me so much of dad ha ha his humour and he LOVES 7 brides for 7 brothers and always sings it ha ha he is so great and anyways he had a baptismal date for.... months ago and he said he just couldn't do it, he wasn't ready he was still smoking and hadn't received an answer about the Book of Mormon and so we have just been working with him. Anyways after the baptism we were talking and then he showed me his phone and he had added an event on his phone and the subject was "Baptism Me" date 24 December and I just stood there for a minute :O what?! and his wife was like what? so I told her and SHE started freaking out What?! Really?! AHHHHHHHHH yay! Martyn is getting baptised! Oh I am so happy. Best Christmas gift ever. Really I can't think of a better gift that Martyn could give to the Saviour than to be baptised. I love it. 

I'm so excited you all get to go to Colorado for Thanksgiving!! Please send lots of pictures.  And drive safe. Yuck that's scary that the car isn't even fixed yet. I'll be praying for you all. A lady in the ward is from Utah and they are having a big Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, they have friends coming down from Bristol and everything and they invited us! Yay! I can't believe Thanksgiving is on Thursday! Holy cow. 

TANNER! So yesterday a girl from China in the ward invited us for tea and she invited another lady from the ward named Keren from Ghana. We started talking and I asked if she had any family from Ghana that served in South Africa and she had some but they didn't serve in your mission and I was like oh because my brother had a companion from Ghana so I was wondering if you might know him his name is Sylvester Brown and she was like Sylvester Peter Brown? He is from my home stake!! ha ha so Tan if you are talking to Sylvester ask if he knows the Mettle-Nunoo family. So crazy! What a small world. 

These are a few of my favourite things:
*The spell check on these computers is for British spelling so that's why I'm spelling everything with u's just FYI ha ha 
*Alec wears 3 watches and 12 rings. Everyday. ha ha ha oh he is so funny
*On Saturday we were in town all day and we saw 5 cross dressers in Exeter.
*There was a big Christmas parade on Saturday in town and there were REAL reindeer there! Pooping on the streets and everything. ha ha they should have had a pooper scooper like Tanner there.
*Alec randomly asking "How's your mum" in the middle of a teach ha ha
*The sausage man! So there is a little sausage cart right by the library that we always walk past and we have become friends with the man that owns it and have talked to him about the church before and on Friday we were walking past and he yelled to us "I did my homework!" So we ran over and talked to him and we're going to teach him this week. :D We're gonna baptise the sausage man. ha ha

Alright last but not least Mom will you print this out and put it up on the kitchen cupboard so Santa Mills can see it? And DON'T let Jeff Demke put his list over mine. 

Dear Santa, 

I don't even need to explain I have been a good girl this year because you already know right? I have been thinking really hard about what I would like for Christmas this year. Well.... here it is. 
*Burt's Bees chapstick (it's £5... aka 9 us dollars are you kidding me?)
*Purpose facewash (the soap bar, mine is almost gone)
*Listerine pocketpak strips
*Stride Non-stop Mint gum 
*Hand warmers (seriously Santa my fingers are already cold all the time. Like right now... they are cold.)
*IOUs from my family signed in blood that they will each write me a hand written letter in January and/or February :) 
*A 2012 calendar with pictures of my family on the months 
*The Pride and Prejudice soundtrack. Or any other CDs :)
*Money for stamps
*Long sleeved shirts
*Warm Gloves
*Thermals
Now those last 3 things, you could just put some money in my account and I can just get them here because 1. they would probably be cheaper here 2.I could get them in the right sizes and such and 3. you wouldn't have to pay to post them because it is EXPENSIVE and let's be honest Royal Mail is rubbish. You'll probably have to send the things SOON if you want to get them here by Christmas. Oh and please send everything to the mission office! In fact from now on will you tell people to send things to the mission office? I might move right before Christmas and it would be a shame to not get letters and things forever because they are being sent down here to the boonies of Plymouth zone. ANYWAYS thanks Santa love ya! Love, Sister Janna Mills

No comments: