Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 30

Ohhh my. What a week. My birthday week was... Miserable. ha ha ha let me start off by saying I LOVE my new companion. Sister Gregson and I get along so well and it's a good thing because... it's been miserable. Here's why:
*We got food poisoning on Tuesday night. Stayed up most of the night feeling so sick.
*Wednesday we got a call that we were leaving that night for Reading. We were pretty nervous for the drive and sure enough... we had to make a pit stop for about 45 minutes. Man being sick on the side of a little English country lane is not the way I wanted to see England. ha ha ha so Wednesday night we stayed on the floor of the sisters flat in Bracknell and again... not a good night.
*Thursday we had a zone conference and Elder Wright came, a member of the 70 and let's just say instead of listening to him we were in the toilets for a lot of the day. ha ha ha ha oh my gosh looking back now we were a mess, a beautiful beautiful mess but at the time we thought it was SO funny. Seriously if we weren't throwing up we were just laughing about the whole situation ha ha it was a multi zone conference and our zone had to sing so halfway through we got up to sing and Elder Wright whispered to us "Good luck, I'm praying for you!!!" ha ha he had heard we were sick and came up and talked to us and then throughout the conference when he wasn't speaking he would peak his head around the pulpit and check on us every once in a while it was so sweet. The zone conference was actually really good and we did hear a lot of the message. The ride home was a lot better as well so the elders kind of filled us in on the bits we missed. Man... what a week. Sister Gregson kept saying to me "best birthday ever?!" and I kept saying to her "welcome to Exeter!!!" ha ha well she hasn't seen much of Exeter yet to say the least but we are so excited to just be better and finally go out and work without feeling like we are going to throw up on our investigators!! ha ha Oh this morning we went to "Sukkerz" there are tons of these foot spa places that they have these tanks of fish and they eat all the dead skin on your feet and it's really expensive but we saw this sign last week that said monday mornings you can go for really cheap, so for us it was perfect!! I'll send a picture. Man. What a week. ha ha ha it really has been a funny entertaining week. Church was really good. At 11 we all stood up and had a moment of silence to remember those that have fought for our freedom and bishop and a chap called David Richards (who is going to Exeter University getting a PHD and he is focusing on Book of Mormon studies.. it is so cool to talk to him about The Book of Mormon) spoke and they talked about how Jesus Christ is truly who has given us our freedom. It was so good. Anways we are going to go home after this and just... sleep probably. And keep praying and hoping we feel better so we can just work already! ha ha I love it. I love you guys! Oh did you get the email about sending Christmas packages and such? As for thermals... I have no idea what size I would need ha ha mediums? I don't know what sizes they come in! But ya I guess I could use some tights... I have those thick wool ones that I will probably wear a lot a lot so maybe just a pair of black tights. I can easily get them here though so don't worry so much about that. As for missionary things... did I tell you we are working with the young women and personal progress so maybe little things for them? Emily Jacobsen's mum sent me chapstick that said modest is hottest, maybe other fun chapstick Mormon sayings like that? I'll keep thinking. For reals this time ;) oh and... don't send me any food for Christmas. ha ha ok love you!

*Gregson and I at Sukkerz! 
*At the mission office 
*Fekete and I and the Poppy Appeal! 
*We made these mittens!!!!!!! 
*David Boxhall. :) Oh happy day! 
*A lady from the ward went to the states and brought back Twizzlers for me :) and someone from the ward gave me takeaway Sainsbury's curry Mmmmmmmmmm AND Jo gave us her old cooker. Yay for a working oven! Happy birthday to me! 
*How cool is that?! Yes it's backwards but oh well. Gregson and I drawing 22 with our sparklers!

No comments: