Tuesday, October 16, 2012

August 13

I cannot believe the Olympics are already over!! We still have the paralympics for 2 more weeks but... still. It is crazy how quickly time is going. Speaking of... I got my trunky call on Saturday. :O Sister Kearl (one of the office sisters. Oh! I told you about her last week when we went to that thai restaurant, she was one of the senior missionary couples there!) called and said hold on and then played the mission impossible theme music and then came back on "ok Sister Mills, do you know what they say after the message when they play that music?" So I told her- this message will self destruct in seconds and she said "that's right, this message will self destruct when you hang up so just forget this every happened." So when she was first calling I was thinking of what does the office need this morning, oh Sister Kearl is so funny, but THEN when she said that... I knew exactly what the call was. I can't believe it! I remember Sister Poleboina and Sister Gregson getting theirs and thinking wow... that is so far away for me! ... and here we are. Anyways she just asked if you were coming to pick me up and what airport I was flying into (I told her Hawaii...) ha ha and other than that I don't know anything. She said that about 4 weeks before I get home you will get my flight information and then 2 weeks before they will call me and tell me. So you will know before I know when I get home. ha ha so uh... feel free to let me know! 

Well Wednesday was moves once again and I am staying in London AND I got a new companion. :) Her name is Sister Boman. She is from everywhere. Her father works from Chevron and she has lived in Utah, New York, Texas, Wyoming, Angola, Indonesia, and her parents currently live in Kuwait. So we pick a different country everyday to tell people where she is from. ha ha but it is such a blessing because we are teaching a few people that speak portuguese and a man called Braulio (have I told you about him? If not.. I need to!) that is from Angola! The Lord really knows what he is doing here. Clearly. We have had so much fun together, I can't believe it's only been 5 days. We had the dodgiest DA on Thursday... it was absolutely hilarious the members started talking about some not very missionary appropriate things and Boman and I were just laughing so hard and then I said to her "Well, welcome to London!!!!" and that has pretty much set the tone for all the craziness that we have experienced together. Let me say this- she has been on her mission for 4 months but she has been serving in the visitors centre at the temple so she STILL everytime we go out cannot believe she is in... the real world. ha ha 

But we have also seen miracles. :) Mal came to church again!! And he loved it. It is truly amazing to see how much it is changing him to come to church. Since he came last week he has been a different man. Yesterday he was just so so happy and this morning he just messaged us that he loved church yesterday and that he loves Jesus. :) ha ha bless his little Sierra Leonian heart. 

Did I send you a picture of Sister Corbett's eye? Well She is doing a lot better. I miss the hospital though. ha ha We wish she was in a tri with us. She was Sister Boman's companion before we stole her! And Sister Paulsen called me yesterday, her dad is awake but not really.. there but she said he is progressing, slowly but it's still progress. She said that he can kind of communicate with them, nod his head and laugh and cry and that he sat up on Saturday! He fell back down right after in exhaustion and she said he slept the rest of the day but THANK YOU for the prayers. She can feel them and her father can as well. Well... until next week. I love you all!

Pictures:
*Sister Boman was going picture crazy on the tube
*Did we watch the olympics through our window & our neighbours window? yes. yes we did. ha ha only long enough to laugh and take a picture... don't worry we weren't creepers for too long.
*We went into Burger King to get some waTer because it was HOT on Saturday... and got burger king crowns. Naturally.
*Me and some girls from our ward: Omega, Anastasia, and Annabelle. :)





No comments: