Tuesday, October 16, 2012

September 24

Hola!

Courtney Campbell, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

 Well folks, I stayed in London. That's right, I'm gonna "die" a Londoner. :O Oh my DAYS I can't believe this is my last transfer!!!!! I'm really excited to still be here though. And I got a new companion as well! Her name is Sister Anena and she is from a village called Gulu in Uganda. She has been in the church for a little over 2 years, she's fantastic!! There is a less active woman in our ward here from Uganda that we have been trying to get a hold of and we messaged her and told her we have a new sister here from Uganda and she immediately wrote back and invited us round. :) The Ugandans are going to start coming out of the woodwork now. I love it.  This week really has gone by in a flash, Sister Boman and I had some fun fun last days together. :) On Monday we went to a members home for FHE and they had invited some friends over as well, a friend of theirs from Italy who just got married to a girl from Sugar City, Idaho. "Where the sweet things grow" :) So we had a wonderful BYUI talk :D She also served her mission in Denver, Colorado! They had another friend over that is a musician and so he put on a little concert for us as we waited for the pasta to cook. It really felt like we were in Italy. ha ha That's why I love it here, it feels like we go to so many different countries everyday! 

We were at another members home for dinner on Thursday and they told us that they have a Japanese girl staying with them and they had her a little bit about our church, well she came down and said "Sisters! They told me you were coming tonight, will you teach me more about Jesus Christ?!" She was so cute! We were going to take her to the visitors centre with another investigator last night but everyone is getting sick. Boo the autumn cold! But we are going to go and teach her again this week. We are really excited. That was Sister Anena's first dinner appointment as well! ha ha I love it. 

We had so many stop in miracles this past week. We would be walking somewhere and just decide to go stop at a less actives home or something and every single time- someone was home!!!!! It was such a miracle. This past week we had a goal to see more less actives, in the busy-ness of everything we don't always get to see and teach them, but it was so perfect that in those times that we could stop by, they were home so we could teach them! The Lord truly does prepare a way for us to accomplish the things that He needs us to accomplish. This I know. 

Well today we are just having a chill day. We had to go buy Sister Anena some winter clothes, poor thing has been FREEZING! It did suddenly turn to autumn the last few days. And now we're here with the elders playing table tennis and volleyball and things. Ok can I just say I'm so excited for GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy the Langager's are coming down with tickets as always!! Good good good. Please tell them hello. I hope I will get to see them soon! Stay strong everyone! Keep moving onwards and upwards, that's all we can do. I love you. Love, Sister Mills

*Our Mary Poppins moment
*Sister Anena (and President and Sister Millar!)
*The Book of Mormon musical is coming to London... ya know the one written by the writers of south park....




No comments: