Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 1

Hello!!!! First of all- Shannon my darling, Happy Birthday!!!!! What a great birthday gift to have CONFERENCE on your birthday! I'm so excited! I will definitely be looking for you all ha ha yesterday Sister Anena and I got to give standby talks in sacrament meeting about avoiding contention and talked about King Benjamin's address and how they had their own general conference and all the wonderful things they learned, it made us all the more excited for conference! President and Sister Millar showed up at our ward as well, that was a lovely surprise :) (Sister Millar is from England and her father used to be the bishop of this ward here!) and so we got to hear from them as well. Oh I do love them. It's amazing that they have only been her for a few months but it does feel as though we have all been here together forever. When Sister Millar was speaking she was saying she was proud of their missionaries and grateful for our service and that she is going to miss me when I go so soon and started crying!- come on Sister Millar don't do that to me! ha ha then everyone came up to me after "What?! When do you go?! You must come round for dinner before you leave." ha ha ha so maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that she announced it after all. 

After church we got to take Alex to the temple with the intent to go to the temple visitors centre but because we were a little bit late all the sisters had to leave to go to other appointments :O but we got to walk around the grounds and teach him outside there, and it was so lovely. I'm so grateful to have a temple so close and members willing to take us there often with people we are teaching. It really does make such a difference. Alex is doing well. He just says that he doesn't believe in God. ha ha come on Alex. Oh and good news- we were teaching Ezekiel on Saturday and he started speaking in tongues. ha ha ha come on Ezekiel. You should have seen Sister Anena's face she didn't know what in the world was going on!! ha ha Sister Anena is doing well, her body is still adjusting, we went out and bought her some winter things and when President and Sister Millar came yesterday they brought her a big coat as well and the ward is going to buy her some winter boots. :) She'll be ready for the England cold soon enough. Oh! Last Monday when we were shopping for a coat for her I started chatting with this woman and I asked her her name and she said her name is Donna and I smiled and I said oh that's my mom's name! And she smiled and touched my face and pulled me in a little bit to her and said oh you sweet dear! ha ha ha ha it was hilarious. She was such a sweet woman so it wasn't too creepy. We asked her if she wanted to meet with us again and learn more about God and she said maybe.. I'll be around here tomorrow at 9:30 so if I'm here then yes. So the next morning we went not really knowing if she would be there and sure enough our sweet little Indian friend was there waiting. We are going to see her again this week too. 

On Monday evening we were going to stop by a less active woman and on the way we passed where Jo, the Greek girl lives so we messaged her and she immediately called us and asked if we would go over, so we did. She answered the door and she was crying and said she was having a terrible night and once again right when she prayed to God and asked for help there we were messaging her saying we were nearby. :) She is so sweet. She called us in the week and asked if we had a Turkish Book of Mormon because she told her boyfriend about it and gave him an English copy and he was up until 4 in the morning reading it and wants it in Turkish so he can understand it better! We are very very excited for that as well!! 

Things are well here in our rainy little London. For pday we are doing a central London trip walking southbank from the London Eye to the Tower Bridge to show Sister Anena and the other new missionaries here and then we are going to NANDO's for lunch!! :) ha ha it will be fun fun fun. I LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!! I hope you are having a wonderful day! Love, Sister Mills

*This is Jo :)
*Our little group we took to the temple yesterday- Aaron (our ward mission leader), us, Alex, and AnnaMaria
*Sister Barker made me this planner. ha ha
*It's proper wellington weather!





No comments: