Tuesday, October 16, 2012

September 3


Happy Olympics everyone. :) I cannot believe it's September already! I felt like it was just yesterday that I was saying I cannot believe it's August... I can't believe Kate's birthday is next week! YIKES! The BYU games sound so fun, that will be on the list of things to do when I get home for sure. Something VERY American to get me back in the swing of things :) ha ha
 
Yesterday at church we were guests of the Clapham Common ward because a news team came and recorded church. It was very interesting but it went well! The sacrament meeting was just beautiful. It was fun to just be able to go to church and not worry about a lesson or a talk and just enjoy the spirit there. :)
 
One of the highlights of the week has definitely been teaching Jo. Jo is the girl from Greece that we met on the bus a few months ago and ran into at the store last week, well we met with her again- twice! And she is just a delight. We showed her the Restoration DVD and she loved it, when it was over she just went "ohhhhhhhhhhh  I loved it!" and then she rewound.. rewinded?... she went back to the part of the first vision and watched it again. She also told us that the day we met her and started talking to her at the bus stop that day she was crying and having a terrible day and she was praying to "the God" and asking if He was there and asking what she should do and then we showed up and started talking to her. :) There is nothing better than knowing you have been the answer to someones prayer. I am especially grateful because I know there have been MANY there for me that have been answers to my prayers. That's why we are all here- to help eachother along. This gospel is good. More on Jo next week. I'll get a picture of her as well! :)
 
Well... these are a few of my favorite things:
*When my recent converts send ME uplifting scriptures out of the blue. :)
*A random day of sunshine (today!!) in the midst of wintery feeling days
*How utterly photogenic London is
*Seeing thousands of olympic/paralympic volunteers running around all the time in their cute little outfits :)
*Going to Orpington to have a big Wandsworth zone vs. Maidstone zone football match.... RIGHT NOW. :D

No comments: