Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 8

Helloooo and happy post general conference Monday! General conference was as always fantastic!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THE ANNOUNCEMENT! Oh my goodness and I was just thinking wow my family is THERE for it! The whole zone was there at the stake centre so all of us missionaries just could not believe it. HOW EXCITING!! I thought for a moment how that would have changed my life if that announcement had been made years earlier, because I would have gone at 19... but I am so very grateful for the experiences I have had before my mission, they have truly made me who I am today. And I'm so grateful to be right where I am today! It was such a joy to spend conference with the people here (even though conference always makes me miss you) I was just so grateful to be there with so many people who were watching conference for the first time or like Sister Anena her 4th conference! Oh conference is such a joy. They spoke a lot about missionary work (God bless Russell M. Nelson!!!!) and families. I loved Elder Oaks talk about children. And Elder Holland's ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. And Elder Eyring's that was so sweet. I love how he cries throughout his talk, it reminds me of President Shamo. Let's be honest I loved them all. I can't wait to see/read the Sunday afternoon session talks as well!! 

So that- conference- was definitely one of the joys of the week. I love the new Relief Society presidency! They were all so real in sharing their trials and concerns and how the gospel has gotten them through anything. There were lots of talks about trials, and the speakers sharing very personal trials, has conference always been like that or do you think it's just how the world and trials have evolved more into our lives? Either way, I am very very grateful for the uplift and inspiration of a living prophet. I love being able to teach and testify to people that we have a living prophet on the earth today!! We got to teach Marie on Friday (One of Kristina Branch's nannies-the one from Singapore- that has been there when we have done family home evening before when we taught about The Book of Mormon, we gave Marie a copy and invited her to read it, the next time we went over she said that she had been reading a little bit everyday and that she also started listening to Mormon Channel and how much she loves it, we then taught the family for FHE the plan of salvation and she was there, the next day Kristina told her I was leaving soon and that if she wanted she could take the discussions with us before I leave. So Marie messaged us and told her what Kristina said and then she said "I don't know what that means... but I would love to hear from you all about your church before you go home Sister Mills!" sorry that was a really long side note...) and we taught her the restoration and all about prophets and she told us that she believes there should be a prophet on the earth but she just doesn't know where or who or if he is here yet and for Sister Anena and I to be able to share that WE KNOW! He is living and he is called and sustained and here and speaking to us! It was so wonderful. Before we began teaching her she said "I know the end goal for you teaching me is baptism and I don't know what is going to happen between now and when we are done with these discussions but even if I don't get baptised I want  you to know that I will read/listen to The Book of Mormon and Mormon Channel every day for the rest of my life because I have felt them help and change me." Marie... that is a good start. ha ha we look forward to teaching her again this week. :) 

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm trunky. ha ha I feel so blessed because even though I'm happy and so excited to be able to come home and see everyone again I am still loving every single British moment here. President Uchtdorf said something that explains how I feel about it, he said we shouldn't keep ourselves from living in the moment now because we are waiting for something to end... or something like that ha ha but that's how I feel- I will be so happy when I'm coming home to come home, but right now I am so happy to still be a MISSIONARY! :) I love you all! 

With sunshine, Sister Mills

I don't have my camera so I stole Sister Anena's to send some pictures home. Last night she wanted to take some pictures of us in our flat and these ones are my favorite. :) I had just taught her how to use the timer on the camera so the first one is a little blurry and the second one we were laughing and she layed down in my lap and before she could sit back up it took so we were laughing even harder... it was so great. But good news, she knows how to use the timer now!




No comments: